This technically should be the end of it, but it invariably won't be given we're none the wiser.
Jarring footage of the (has to be said, relatively unknown) singer (until now, that is) hitting her superstar brother-in-law after the Met Ball surfaced last week, but the pair say they have since put the incident behind them.
A joint statement from Solange, Jay Z and his wife Beyonce - who was also in the elevator at the time - read:
"As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident (understatement). But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it. Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologised to each other and we have moved forward as a united family... The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false. At the end of the day families have problems and we're no different. We love each other and above all we are family *dances*. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."
Eh, not likely - because we STILL don't know what kicked off Solange, well, kicking off! It's completely none of our business which only serves to make it more compelling.
New York's Standard Hotel, where the incident took place said it had fired the person who leaked the video yesterday.