Bruce Jenner is reportedly "praying" for those hurt in a fatal car accident he was involved in at the weekend.
The 65-year-old reality TV star was involved in a four-car pile-up - which left one person dead and seven others injured - along the Pacific Coast Highway on Saturday and has sent his "heartfelt and deepest sympathies" to the families affected by the incident.
He said in a statement: 'My heartfelt and deepest sympathies go out to the family and loved ones, and to all of those who were involved or injured in this terrible accident. It is a devastating tragedy and I cannot pretend to imagine what this family is going through at this time. I am praying for them. I will continue to cooperate in every way possible."
It was previously claimed police were looking into the possibility that Bruce - who, according to a multitude of outlets, is believed to be undergoing a gender transition - was texting while driving but law enforcement insiders have now told TMZ they believe the Prius which was at the head of the line of cars made a sudden stop, causing a Lexus to crash into it before the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star then hit the second car, shunting into oncoming traffic and hit by a Hummer which killed the driver.
The Prius driver initially told police she stopped at a red light, despite being 300 feet from it, causing officers to believe she was making an illegal U-turn.
Bruce has already passed a sobriety test, which was taken at the scene of the accident.