Forbes has released their annual list of highest paid TV actresses for the period between June 2, 2016 and June 1, 2017 and it's no surprise who is at the top, well, not if you have seen the lists for the last few years.
Once more it is Modern Family's Sophie Vergara who took home a clean $41.5 million in that time and tops the list for the sixth year running. Her role as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett only accounts for a quarter of business-minded Vergara's wealth, with more than half coming from licensing and endorsement deals with brands such as Head & Shoulders, Pepsi and CoverGirl, while the rest comes from a variety of sources, including movie roles, her talent management agency and speaking engagements.
Second on the list is The Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco with $26 million dollars, who actually makes double per episode than what Vergara does on Modern Family, but has less endorsements and the like going on.
Next up are The Mindy Project's Mindy Kaling and Grey's Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo, with $13 million each, followed by Mariska Hargitay (Law & Order) with $12.5 million.
Here's the list in full:
1. Sofia Vergara — Modern Family - $41.5 million
2. Kaley Cuoco — The Big Bang Theory - $26 million
3. Mindy Kaling — The Mindy Project - $13 million
3. Ellen Pompeo — Grey's Anatomy - $13 million
5. Mariska Hargitay — Law & Order - $12.5 million
6. Julie Bowen — Modern Family - $12 million
7. Kerry Washington — Scandal - $11 million
8. Priyanka Chopra — Quantico - $10 million
9. Robin Wright — House of Cards - $9 million
10. Pauley Perrette — NCIS - $8.5 million