Today sadly marks 21 years since the death of Dermot Morgan, the Irish comedy legend known to many as one of TV's all-time best characters, Father Ted Crilly. It also marks the third anniversary of the death of his co-star and man of equal legendary status, Frank Kelly, who played Father Jack, with the two men strangely dying on the same day, 18 years apart.
The iconic 'Father Ted' is still as popular as ever and the shenanigans of Ted, Dougal, Jack and Mrs Doyle have proven to be timeless entertainment to audiences.
There are very few moments in life that don't call for a 'Father Ted' quote in some shape or form, it's pretty much become a part of our daily language. And we are totally down with that sort of thing.
So below is our definitive list of all the very best lines that were ever uttered by a 'Father Ted' character. We are not without flaws though so please let us know if we're missing out on your favourite Ted zinger. We probably won't add it in though - we've had our fun, and that's all that matters.
1. "That money was just resting in my account."
2. "I love my brick."
3. "That's mad, Ted."
4. "Shoddy workmanship, that's what it is."
5. "Feic, arse, drink, girls."
6. "Which one do you prefer, Oasis or Blur?"
7. "You're going on my list, Tony." (Along with anything Fr Noel Furlong (Graham Norton) said ever.)
8. "Looks like rain, Ted."
(Poor quality clip but you get the idea.)
9. "Doesn't Mary have a lovely bottom? (Of course, they ALL have lovely bottoms.)"
10. "Go on, go on, go on, go on... (etc etc)"
11. "Careful now/Down with that sort of thing."
12. "You were wearing your blue jumper."
13. "These are small, but the ones out there are far away."
14. "Is there anything to be said for another mass?"
15. "Who would he be like? Hitler or one of those mad fellas?"
"Oh, worse than Hitler. You wouldn't find Hitler playing jungle music at 3 o'clock in the morning."
16. "Cowboys Ted, a bunch of cowboys."
17. "I'm no good at judging the size of crowds Ted, but I'd say there's about seventeen million of them out there."
18. "I've had my fun and that's all that matters."
19. "I love cake." (or I have no willy... or again, everything uttered by Eoin McLove).
20. "F*cking hell."
21. "Spider-Baby- It's got the body of a spider, and the mind of a baby."
22. "It's Ireland's largest lingerie section' I understand."
23. "I Hear You're A Racist Now, Father."
24. "We're all going to heaven lads, wahey!!"
And finally... we had to throw an honourable mention to 'My Lovely Horse'. Not exactly a quote, but once you get this song in your head, it never leaves.