For the fifth year in a row Modern Family star, Sofia Vergara, has been named as the highest paid TV actress in the world, earning $43 million in the twelve months up to June of this year.
As reported by Forbes, despite pulling in a decent salary from Modern Family, an estimated 60% of her money comes from endorsements and licencing deals. She does commercials for products including Quaker porridge oats, and has her own line of furniture.
Second on the list is the Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco, who earned an estimated $24.5 million in the same period. Unlike Vergara, the bulk of her salary comes from her TV role.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
10. Julie Bowen - $10m (Modern Family)
9. Julianna Margulies - $10.5m (The Good Wife)
8. Priyanka Chopra - $11m (Quantico)
7. Stana Katic - $12m (Castle)
6. Kerry Washington - $13.5m (Scandal)
=4. Ellen Pompeo - $14.5m (Grey's Anatomy)
=4. Mariska Hargitay 14.5m (Law & Order: SVU)
3. Mindy Kaling - $15 (The Mindy Project)
While Game of Thrones and other cable shows might dominate critical success, this list shows appearing on a long running network show is the way to make lots of money.