If you're squeamish about people's eyes or stuff going into eyes, you'd better look away now.

Florida woman Katherine Gaydos accidentally poured superglue in her eye when she got some dirt in it. She called out for eye-drops, however when her friend mistakenly handed her superglue, she immediately knew what went wrong.

"As soon as I felt it in my eye I felt it burn and I closed my eye and screamed 'Call 911,'" she told WPBF-TV.

In order to get the eye open, her doctor had to apply anaesthesia to the eyelids in order to pry the eye open. Gaydos will have to return at some point to get the glue removed from her eyes as well.

Believe it or not, mistaking eye-drop fluid and superglue is suprisingly common. Dr. Pankaj Gupta, an assistant professor of ophthalmology at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, said that he's seen multiple cases - but that people shouldn't worry. "The first thing I think everyone needs to know is don’t panic," explained Dr. Gupta. 

"There is not a single thing that is permanent that will not slough off on its own," Gupta explained. "In time it will go away."

But not the embarrassment. That never goes away.


Via ABCNews