At some point in our lives we've all been caught wondering if the grass is really greener on the other side. Would we have a better life elsewhere?
Well there's a new website called ifitweremyhome.com, that attempts to answer that question for us by allowing us to compare any other country in the world with our own. The data used for the comparisons was compiled using a number of databases, including the CIA World Factbook and the World Health Organisation.
Most of the data is to be expected but there were still a few interesting facts that came up when we compare out Emerald Isle to other nations.
1. You're 72.73% less likely to be murdered in Japan than in Ireland
0.30 in every 100,000 people are murdered annually in Japan compared to 1.10 in Ireland.
2. If you lived in America (27.85%), Switzerland (32.65%) or Canada (4.36%) you'd make more money.
3. If you lived in France you'd have 21.89% more free time.
4. If you lived in Australia you'd be 18.45% more likely to die in infancy and 77.78% more likely to be in prison.
5. If you lived in Italy you'd live 1.47 years longer.