Rolf Harris - he of Two Little Boys, Rolf's Cartoon Club, Glastonbury on a Sunday, and most recently Operation Yewtree fame - is adding another three sex allegations to his current count of thirteen recorded sexual offences.
The UK's Crown Prosecution Service said: "The CPS has decided that Rolf Harris is to be prosecuted over a further three allegations of indecent assault. The three counts will be prosecuted in addition to the 13 alleged sexual offences with which Mr Harris was charged on 29 August 2013. The alleged offences relate to one existing complainant and two new complainants. These three allegations were included in the file sent to the CPS by the Metropolitan Police in August of this year, however as part of the ongoing review process for all cases, it has been decided that these allegations should be formally added to the indictment as further
According to reports, the number of his alleged victims now amounts to four, with one girl said to be as young as eight-years-old when the incidents are reported to have taken place in the 60s, 70s and 80s.
The Mirror reports that the "married father-of-one is the highest profile celebrity to be charged as a result of Operation Yewtree, the Scotland Yard probe set up in the aftermath of the Jimmy Savile scandal. The four offences of making indecent images of a child are said to have occurred between March and July last year. The offence carries a maximum 10-year jail sentence."
When asked last night if he wanted to comment on the new charges, Harris said via his door intercom at his home in Bray, Berkshire: "I don't think so, thank you."
The 83-year-old will attend Southwark Crown Court for a plea hearing on January 14th. The trial is set to start on April 30th.