He is, after all, your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man.

Lucy Day, who's pregnant with her second child, was rushing her partner, Stephen Grant, to the hospital when he had an accident that saw his finger cut off from a lawnmower. However, the car they were driving in suddenly caught on fire.

Pulling off and in the middle of nowhere, a man dressed in full Spider-Man attire and complete with mask, stopped beside them and rendered assistance. “I did think it was a bit strange, but in the heat of the moment I wasn’t really thinking about it," explained Lucy following the incident.

The Spider-Man in question was Tom Roche, a children's entertainer who was heading to a party for work and saw the car catch fire. "We could smell unburnt petrol and could see smoke pouring out from under the car.... She was saying ‘we need to go to hospital’, so we drove over there as quick we could."

All this happened while Tom was dressed in a full-latex Spider-Man costume. Tom, who was travelling with his girlfriend, brought the couple to the A&E in the nearby hospital where they were looked after and Tom headed off to the kids' party. "We are so grateful for their help. He was only a young guy and I think he was a bit shaken up by the whole thing. I really want him to know how much it meant."

It's all in a day's work for Not Spider-Man, folks.



Via Eastbourne Herald