From today, you can order a McDonald's without having to throw on a pair of pants. Life goals achieved, finally.
Today, Thursday the 8th of November 2018 will go down in history. We can see it now, on 'Reeling in the Years' in years to come. The McDonald's McDelivery service has officially launched in Ireland.
The McDelivery service, in partnership with UberEATS, is available to anyone within one and a half miles of participating Irish McDonald’s restaurants. The service will roll out across Dublin, Galway and Cork in phase one.
Here's how it works - the McDelivery service promises to deliver your favourite menu items at the click of an app. The McDelivery option on the UberEATS app will feature McDonald’s breakfast, lunch, and dinner options.
Participating McDonald’s restaurants will be taking orders from 8am – midnight, seven days a week. That's right, you can get breakfast delivered to you this morning.
According to McDonald's, ordering McDelivery is easy:
- Download the UberEATS app or order online at www.ubereats.com
- Then pick your delivery location, and enter the address for delivery
- Next, search for your nearest McDonald’s location in the app
- Then, place your order. After that, pick the items you want for now, or schedule your order to arrive when you want. Customers can add notes to customise their meal. You're charged using the card on file in your Uber account
- And finally, you can also follow the progress of the delivery. Get updates on the preparation of your order, and watch your bicycle/motorcycle courier arrive live in-app
See below for the full list of participating restaurants in Dublin, Cork, and Galway.
|Upper O'Connell Street||Dublin 1|
|Lower O'Connell Street||Dublin 1|
|Mary Street||Dublin 1|
|Temple Bar||Dublin 2|
|East Wall Road||Dublin 3|
|Rathmines (reopening 14th Nov)||Dublin 6|
|Navan Road - Unit 1||Dublin 7|
|Galway Retail Park||H91W0X4|
|Galway West Side||H91H3V6|