According to various reports, Rita Ora's home in London was broken into in a targeted attack, during which hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of valuables were stolen. On the night in question, Ora was home alone with her younger sister when the two were woken up by the sound of the thieves in the bedroom, rifling through drawers. Her sister Elena was reportedly frozen with fear as she realised that a man - either Charaf Elmoudden or his accomplice - was standing in her room, staring her 'dead in the eyes'. Ora bravely protected her sister, threatening the men during a phone call with the police, the recording of which has since been heard before a jury.

"Don't you f**king come up these stairs. I will f**k you up - you f**king hear me?" she said, after managing to lock herself in her room with her sister.

"Oh my God I don't have a knife, I know they're going to come upstairs... What do I do - what do I do - oh my God... F**king hell I'm scared to go downstairs."

Ora then said to her sister, during the 999 call: "At least he didn't touch you. What are we going to do? We need to have a backup plan."

Then, speaking to the police, she said: "What do you want me to do now? I will kill him."

The former X Factor judge is said to have broken down in tears after the court heard the recording, before giving evidence from behind a curtain.

"That phone call freaked me out a bit - give me a moment. I went to sleep and was woken up by a scream. I was half asleep then woke up and heard my sister running up the stairs. I opened the door... she just ran up the stairs then she jumped on my bed and started screaming."

Her sister Elena also gave an account of the events:

"At one point he was an arm's length away which was really scary because it means he was looking at me directly while I was asleep. I said hello and was really confused and he turned around and looked at me. He looked dead in my eyes. I went to scream 'Oh my God' but couldn't really scream because I became overwhelmed with fear."

Ora had returned to the semi-detached house she shares with her family at around midnight on November 27 last year and was asleep in her bedroom on the top floor during the raid, the court was told.

Elmoudden and his partner in crime deny all charges and alas for Ora and her family, the trial is set to continue.

Yet another reason to be glad we're not in the public eye; scary stuff.

Via the Independent.