The team have set a fundraising goal of €170,000.
This February, Harvey Norman are teaming up with Peter McVerry Trust to raise awareness of the homeless crisis in Ireland, helping those in need to secure their own home. Harvey Norman are fundraising to fit-out 20 homes across Ireland, making a home a reality for those currently supported by Peter McVerry Trust. Harvey Norman will be appealing to the public to help fit-out homes for those that need them most and will be matching all €1 donations at point of purchase in-store or online.
Peter McVerry Trust currently estimates that there are 8,587 men, women and children in Ireland living in emergency accommodation with 45% of these aged 24 years or younger (3,897), whilst in Spring 2017, 161 people were recorded as sleeping rough in Dublin, the highest figure since records began.
You can donate by:
• Buying a Badge on street at Dublin’s Fleet Street Mural from 8th - 20nd February.
• Buying a product from our Making Homes Collection with €5 donated to the Peter McVerry Trust. There are over 800 products in the Making Homes Collection in store across, furniture, bedding, homewares, appliances and technology.
• Donating Online at www.harveynorman.ie/makinghomes
• Donating online and in-store at the checkout, where all €1 donations will be matched by Harvey Norman
• Donating to fundraising activities organised by the Harvey Norman teams in-store for the whole month of February.