If 2017 was the world aflame, 2018 is Donald Trump in a fireman's outfit spraying petrol on top of us all.
Trump "held" his much-hyped 'Fake News Awards' yesterday, revealing the winners on the Republican Party's official website (which promptly crashed according to THR).
And instead of making any sense (that was probably too much to hope for) and resembling other awards with categories and distinct varying accolades, he merely dumped an eleven point list onto the internet, complete with photos, tweets and GIFs, with "evidence" of why the winners we wrong.
Yes, the President of the United States, Donald Trump, just made a listicle.
The winners, if you care, are as follows:
1. The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump’s historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover.
2. ABC News' Brian Ross CHOKES and sends markets in a downward spiral with false report.
3. CNN FALSELY reported that candidate Donald Trump and his son Donald J. Trump, Jr. had access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks.
4. TIME FALSELY reported that President Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office.
5. Washington Post FALSELY reported the President’s massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. Dishonest reporter showed picture of empty arena HOURS before crowd started pouring in.
6. CNN FALSELY edited a video to make it appear President Trump defiantly overfed fish during a visit with the Japanese prime minister. Japanese prime minister actually led the way with the feeding.
7. CNN FALSELY reported about Anthony Scaramucci’s meeting with a Russian, but retracted it due to a “significant breakdown in process.”
8. Newsweek FALSELY reported that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake President Trump’s hand.
9. CNN FALSELY reported that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim that he was told he is not under investigation.
10. The New York Times FALSELY claimed on the front page that the Trump administration had hidden a climate report.
11. And last, but not least: "RUSSIA COLLUSION!" Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSION!
Where do we sign up for Elon Musk's Mars expedition and can we leave now please.