North Korea is a part of the world that has gotten some bad press over the years. Granted, their fearless leader Kim Jong-un does seem to be broken biscuits; the FBI reckon he hacked Sony Pictures and there's also the small matter of how he's reportedly had members of his own family killed by wild dogs, oh and how generally rules with a horrifically iron fist - but can he really be that bad?

Well, according to to Korean Central News Agency he's actually super sound and has cured Aids, Cancer and Ebola.

We shit you not, reader. North Korea are saying it's mostly ginseng extracted from fertiliser... and some other stuff. They won't tell us about, obvs. 


Hey. they've said crazier stuff to be fair.

“The researchers insert rare earth elements (REE) into insam (gingseng) by applying the mico-elementary fertilizers of REE to the fields of insam.” said Dr Jon Sung Hun.

Tests, they say, were carried out in Africa on HIV patients and resulted in 56 percent of participants being completely cured, while the other 44 percent noted "considerable improvement."

They also claimed to have cured Cancer and Ebola, but didn't offer any medical study trial evidence. Even they stopped believing their bullshit at that time, obviously.

Via Independent UK