***UPDATE: Today FM have since released a statement on Anton Savage's departure***
Today FM radio host Anton Savage has parted ways with the broadcaster with immediate effect.
A statement was posted on The Anton Savage Show Twitter account this afternoon outlining the details which led to the parting of ways.
"Over the last year it became clear that my objectives for the show and the new management’s objectives for the show diverged greatly. We disagreed on a move to set music quotas, we disagreed on significant changes to the playlist, we disagreed on topics for discussion, on format, on choice of contributors and we disagreed on the choice of certain guests."
“It led to a situation where we have parted ways.”
Anton and TodayFM have parted ways. pic.twitter.com/lE34Ikg3vw
— TheAntonSavageShow (@AntonSavageShow) December 2, 2016
Savage took over the 9am to 12pm slot in early 2015 after Ray D'Arcy made the switch to RTÉ.
Today FM have released the below statement in relation to Savage's departure from the broadcaster.
Chief Executive of Today FM, Keith McCormack said "Following a detailed review of the schedule, the station is in the process of refreshing its line-up and focus. As part of this, we have decided that we will not renew Anton's contract. I would like to thank Anton for his commitment and dedication to the station and I wish him the very best in his career."
Today FM says it will not be renewing renewing Anton Savage’s contract pic.twitter.com/H9wBN2wiWL
— Today FM News (@TodayFMNews) December 2, 2016