The news that Macy Gray is to play Dublin next year not only had us humming 'I Try' all day yesterday, but it got us all misty-eyed and nostalgic for the late nineties/early noughties, around the time her world-beating debut album 'On How Life Is' (1999) was released.
Then we got to thinking specifically about the year 2000, when some of the most - ahem - enduring pop songs of our adolescence were released; when Harry Styles was starting primary school and Justin Bieber was (literally) throwing his toys of of the pram.
Here are ten songs and ten albums from the year 2000 that will very likely have you feeling like an old codger by the end.
1. Britney Spears – Oops! I Did It Again
2. David Gray – Babylon
3. Eminem feat. Dido - Stan
4. All Saints – Pure Shores
5. Spiller feat. Sophie Ellis Bextor – Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)
6. LeAnn Rimes – Can't Fight the Moonlight
7. Sisqo – Thong Song
8. Aaliyah – Try Again
9. Blink 182 – All the Small Things
10. Samantha Mumba – Gotta Tell You
1. Dido – No Angel
2. Coldplay – Parachutes
3. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
4. Moby – Play
5. Madonna – Music
6. Linkin Park – Hybrid Theory
7. Craig David – Born to Do It
8. The Corrs – In Blue
9. Radiohead – Kid A
10. Ronan Keating – Ronan