Having revealed their day & stage schedule earlier this month, the organisers of Sligo's Temple House Festival have revealed details of their Poetry, Spoken Word, Art Installations, Performance Art & Theatre programmes. Check it out below:
"The Temple House Arts Trail will present a feast for the senses with a wide range of art installations, performance art, walk about theatre, inter-active art projects as well as being home to both Wood Town, the Kaleidoscope House and The Rose Garden Stage. There will be so much to see and do on this year’s Arts Trail…
• Take a walk along the path and take in the visual art displays adorning various nooks and crannies of this intriguing trail.
• Meet a motley crew of characters and catch one of their roaming performances
• Take part in a wood carving workshop or observe a wood craft demonstration
• Delight in a belly dance performance and join in a short impromptu workshop
• Unearth an array of stories at the “Story in a Box” and add your own short story, poem or thoughts to the Temple House story in a box blog
• Join in the fun and let your inner graffiti knitter loose at the Yarn Bombing nest….
• Get lost in the world of wonder and feel free to join in the collective creativity at this year’s Temple House Arts Trail.
The Rose Garden will feature a brilliant programme of Spoken Word on Saturday 11th and Sunday June 12th from 12 to 5 pm. The Temple House Festival Spoken Word Stage will feature acclaimed novelist and poet Dermot Healy who will be accompanied by fiddle virtuoso Gerry Harrington, The Poetry Divas, The Gonzo Club, Stewart Agnew & Band, Mikey and the Scallywags and The Wordsmiths featuring Marty Mulligan, Erin Fornscoff & Kalle Ryan and The Shore – piano and poetry by Mart Dyar and Conor Walsh.
The Temple House Festival Arts Trail will also include…
The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party: Join the Mad Hatters for a fully inter-active and improvised tea party…. There will be scheduled short performances as well as many random Mad Hatter Happenings during the day.
Story in a Box: A sensory experience where spoken word meets all the senses.
Yarn Bombing: The phenomenon of the graffiti knitting project which has taken the world by storm lands smack in the middle of The Temple House Arts Trail. Drop into the nest and knit a few lines…
Wood Town: Wooden sculptures, Wood crafts displays, hands on workshops and demonstrations.
Belly Dance Performance: East meets West! Lynn our lovely belly dancer will perform on various parts of the arts trail and also give short workshops in the art of the belly dance.
Daredevil: Insane street theatre from Daredevil - the world's worst acrobat! Enjoy slapstick physical theatre and absurd comedy as Daredevil leaps from one terrible idea to another. Nothing is too extreme from the Man Who Has Little or No Fear! Daredevil!"
One Drunken Knight and Damsel in Dis Dress: Ooops! Our one drunken knight has had a bit too much to drink - much to the dismay of our damsel in dis dress. She’s looking for a life time of romance and love and all she got was one drunken knight."