Spinal Tap fans, rejoice: there's a new album on the way by music's best bad fictional band. Well, sort of.
Most people may know Harry Shearer as the voice of Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders and many more Simpsons characters, but before that he co-wrote the Rob Reiner-directed 'This is Spinal Tap' in 1984, also starring as the band's bassist Derek Smalls.
Shearer has maintained a continuing interest in music over the years, even playing Dublin's Sugar Club a few years back - but now he is releasing a new album as his famous Spinal Tap character, enlisting the likes of heavyweights such as David Crosby, Donald Fagen, Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters), Chad Smith (RHCP), Steve Vai and more.
It's called 'Smalls Change (Meditations Upon Ageing)' and you can see the rather brilliantly-titled tracklist below:
1. “Openture” (featuring the Hungarian Studio Orchestra)
2. “Rock ‘n’ Roll Transplant” (featuring Steve Lukather, Jim Keltner and Chad Smith)
3. “Butt Call” (featuring Phil X, Taylor Hawkins)
4. “Smalls Change” (featuring the Hungarian Studio Orchestra, Judith Owen, Danny Kortchmar and Russ Kunkel)
5. “Memo To Willie” (featuring Donald Fagen, Jeff “Skunk” Baxter, Larry Carlton and the Snarky Puppy Horns)
6. “It Don’t Get Old” (featuring Peter Frampton and Waddy Wachtel)
7. “Complete Faith” (featuring the Hungarian Studio Orchestra)
8. “Faith No More” (featuring the Hungarian Studio Orchestra and Todd Sucherman)
9. “Gimme Some (More) Money” (featuring Paul Shaffer, Waddy Wachtel and David Crosby)
10. “MRI” (featuring Derek with Dweezil Zappa)
11. “Hell Toupee” (featuring the Hungarian Studio Orchestra)
12. “Gummin the Gash” (featuring Steve Vai, Gregg Bisonnette and Jane Lynch)
13. “She Puts the Bitch in Obituary” (featuring Richard Thompson and Jane Lynch)
14.”When Men Did Rock” (featuring Michael League, Joe Satriani, Rick Wakeman and the Hungarian Studio Orchestra)
The album itself is out on April 13th.