Radiohead are set to release the follow up to 2007's 'In Rainbows' this very week! Sadly, they're not allowing fans to choose their own price this time.
Making the announcement via their official website this morning (February 14th), Radiohead described the album, entitled 'The King of Limbs' as a Newspaper Album, and suggest it may be the world's first.
While digital copies of the album can be download from this Saturday February 19th, those looking for physical copies will have to wait until May 9th and shell out the handsome price of €36/€39. But at least it'll come with all sorts of goodies as outlined at http://thekingoflimbs.com:
• Two clear 10" vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve.
• A compact disc.
• Many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradeable plastic to hold it all together.
• The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.
• The Newspaper Album will be shipped on Monday 9th May 2011 you can, however, enjoy the download on Saturday 19th February 2011.
• Shipping is included in the prices shown.
• One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12" vinyl.
Otherwise you can download the album at the more reasonable price of €7 for MP3 or €11 for higher quality WAV files. Radiohead are taking pre-orders now at www.thekingoflimbs.com.
The band have since confirmed that the album will also be released in the more conventional CD and vinyl formats on March 25th.