He is no stranger to an outlandish stunt or an OTT declaration - so if you were in the audience at Machine Gun Kelly's gig in Arizona on Sunday, you may have thought it was all part of the show.

However, the rap/rock musician really did get electrocuted during his gig in Scottsdale, Arizona last weekend, which took place as part of the Super Bowl festivities.

The 32-year-old Texas native - real name Colson Baker - shared footage from the performance, saying “yooo I got electrocuted and my hair stood up".

In the video, as dry ice blasts from the floor, his hair does indeed stand up on end - although in fairness to him, he doesn't miss a single line.

He told ET: "I kept standing on a certain part of the stage every time the sparklers or smoke went off, and I kept feeling my whole body like jolt.

“And then I got off stage and everyone was like, ‘Dude, your hair kept going crazy’, and I was like, ‘What? What happened?'”

Thankfully, the shock was mild and medical attention was not required.

Watch it below: