Whether you're of a pop disposition or not, you'd find it difficult to disagree that Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' was one of the most upbeat, annoyingly catchy songs of the year.
Unless, however, you're TIME magazine.
The US magazine has named Timberlake's 'Trolls' soundtrack tune as the worst song of 2016, calling it 'uninspired' and ranking it ahead of the likes of Mike Posner's 'I Took a Pill in Ibiza' and Fall Out Boy & Missy Elliot's Ghostbusters song 'I'm Not Afraid'.
"Timberlake hadn't debuted a solo track in nearly three years when he dropped this uninspired 'song of the summer' contender," they wrote. "Forget the feeling - just please, please stop this song."
TIME'S top 10 worst songs were as follows:
1. "Can't Stop the Feeling!" - Justin Timberlake
2. "Mom" - Meghan Trainor
3. "Team" - Iggy Azalea
4. "Ghostbusters (I'm Not Afraid)" - Fall Out Boy featuring Missy Elliott
5. "Bad Things" - Machine Gun Kelly
6. "I Took a Pill in Ibiza" - Mike Posner
7. "i hate u, i love u" - gnash featuring Olivia O'Brien
8. "NO" - Meghan Trainor
9. "Private Show" - Britney Spears
10. "7 Years"- Lukas Graham
What do you think - are they being harsh, or is Can't Stop the Feeling really the worst song of 2016?