Local lads Kodaline play their biggest headline show to date tomorrow when they ply their wares to a sold-out Marlay Park.
The Swords band will be supported by Dingle's Walking on Cars and pop star Jess Glynne in what's sure to be a huge evening.
Below, you'll find the stage times and other useful info, via promoters MCD.
WALKING ON CARS: 18:30
JESS GLYNNE: 19:45
TRAVEL & TRANSPORT INFORMATION
Following consultation with An Garda Síochána and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council the Following arrangements have been made. You MUST plan and book your return travel arrangements in advance. The Promoter is not licensed to, nor do they operate any transport to and from the Marlay Park Concerts.
Transport to and from the venue is a matter for individual ticket-holders themselves, whether by means of car-pooling, cycling, walking, by availing of the LUAS, by making an advance return booking
on the 'Marathon coaches' special shuttle bus service operating directly between the City Centre and Marlay Park, Dublin Bus or finally, by hiring a taxi. We strongly urge all concert goers to heed the advices of An Garda Síochána, transport providers and promoters regarding the pre-planning and advance booking of their return trip to and from venue. Leave lots of time to get to and from the venue, adding at least an extra 2 hours to your journey time.
PRIVATE BUSES, COACHES & MINIBUSES
This year there WILL be coach/bus and minibus parking available within Marlay Park, access is via College Road. It is however very important to us that operators notify and register with us in advance, to do so please email [email protected] If you are travelling to site using a private hire bus, coach or minibus please advise your driver to use Junction 13 off the M50. City Centre Concert Shuttle
Marathon Travel. Marathon are operating a shuttle bus from George’s Quay in the city centre direct to Marlay Park. Prices for the Shuttle are €10 return when booked online up to 10:00am on the morning of the concert. Tickets bought on the day of travel will cost €10 single or €15 return and is subject to availability. Please go to www.bushiredublin.net for tickets and more information on the route. The promoter strongly recommends that you pre book this service.
Dublin Coach Services
Eirebus Ltd are operating a return service from Swords to Marlay Park. For more information, please go to the Swords Express Facebook page. Tickets are being sold via Eventbrite, follow the link below. www.eventbrite.ie/e/swords-express-to-marlay-park-2016-tickets-26051345275
McDonald will be operating a return service from Newland’s Cross to Marlay Park.
National Coach Services
Kelly Travel will be operating return services from Limerick, Tipperary & Ennis to the Marlay Park Concerts. Please go to www.kellytravel.ie for tickets and further information on the routes.
Matthew’s Coach Hire
Matthew’s are operating a return service from Dundalk to Marlay Park, with stops in Dundalk, Monasterboice, Drogheda, Meath and Marlay Park. Please go to www.matthews.ie for more information on the route. For tickets please call 042 937 8188
Collin’s Coaches will be operating a return service from Monaghan to Marlay Park. Please visit www.collinscoaches.ie for tickets and more information on the route.
Irish Concert Travel
Irish Concert Travel will be operating return services from Donegal, Galway, Cork and Mayo to Marlay Park. Please go to www.irishconcerttravel.ie for tickets and more information on the routes.
The closest Luas stations are Ballaly and Dundrum. It is approx. a 30 minute walk to the concert site. For more details on Luas routes go to www.luas.ie/routes. A shuttle bus will operate between Dundrum Luas station and Stonemasons Way, near the concert site. The shuttle will depart Dundrum approximately every 15 minutes from 3pm each concert day. One way fare €5 and a return ticket €8. Full details on www.bushiredublin.net
The following Dublin Bus routes serve the Grange Road entrances of Marlay Park which are in close proximity to the concert site:
16 Airport / O’Connell Street to Grange Road
116 Burlington Road to Grange Road
161 Dundrum Road Luas Station to Grange Road
These Dublin Bus routes serve Ballinteer Shopping Centre approx. 15 minute walk to the concert site:
14 Beaumont via Amiens Street to Ballinteer Shopping Centre
75 The Square Tallaght / Dun Laoghaire to Ballinteer Shopping Centre
Please check timetables prior to travel. Note not all services will be operating at the end of the concerts and will be on a first come first served basis. For more information call: 01 873 4222 - 0830hrs – 1800hrs (Monday to Saturday excluding Public Holidays) or visit www.dublinbus.ie.
Plan your approach to Marlay Park based on the following:-
• Traffic and parking delays are inevitable you are strongly advised to use public transport or carpool
• We strongly recommend you plan your journey in advance allowing at least an extra 2 hours travel time to and from the venue.
• Plan your route in advance and check the AA Roadwatch website for reports on traffic, road works, delays etc. on your route
From Dublin City Centre - via Ranelagh, Clonskeagh, Goatstown, and Sandyford, Grange Road and then onto College Road for car parks.
From M50- Exit the M50 at Junction 12 interchange, sign-posted R823 Ballyboden. Follow Scholarstown Road, Taylors Lane, turn right onto Whitechurch Road and then left onto College Road. Entrance to the car parks is off College Road. Please note that there is limited parking available in Marlay Park. Car Parks open 2 hours before the gates opening time on your ticket.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PARK ILLEGALLY IN AREAS SURROUNDING MARLAY PARK, IN LOCAL ESTATES OR OUTSIDE LOCAL RESIDENCES. PARKING ENFORCEMENT RULES WILL BE IN OPERATION AND YOUR VEHICLE WILL BE CLAMPED OR TOWED.
At the end of the concerts a taxi pick up area will be facilitated in Supervalu car park on Ballinteer Avenue.
PICK UP AREA
Attendees getting picked up by family and friends following the concerts are advised that road closures are in place; our recommended collection point is at Our Lady’s National School on Ballinteer Avenue.
Credit Card collections will be located at the entrance off the Grange Road opposite Centra and Lidl.
Disabled customer parking is accessed via College Road. Please contact [email protected] to register and for other non-ticket related enquiries.
WE APPEAL TO ALL FANS TO RESPECT THE LOCAL COMMUNITY BY NOT LITTERING, NOT URINATING IN PUBLIC, NOT ENGAGING IN ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR AND BY NOT PARKING
ILLEGALLY OR IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS. THE STEWARDING AND SECURITY MEASURES BEING TAKEN ARE FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL.
8th JULY, 2016 – Kodaline / 9th July, 2016 - The Stone Roses
No unaccompanied under 16’s are allowed on site. Under 16’s must be accompanied by a parent / guardian over 25. Note you may be asked to prove your age with photo ID or you will be refused admission. Acceptable forms are: Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving Licence. Should you have any queries in relation to the age policy please contact [email protected]
ENTRY TO THE EVENT
• There will be a strict NO Alcohol Policy implemented on all public transport and private buses travelling to the venue.
• Please do not arrive at the event intoxicated as you will not be permitted entry.
• Allow enough time for concert entry procedures, ticket checks and searches. Body and bag searching will take place on entry to the event.
• There is no re-admission to these concerts.
• Our bars operate a Challenge 21 policy. Acceptable forms of proof of age are: Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving-Licence.
• Note that the concert may be recorded for visual and audio broadcast.
• There may be strobe lighting, lasers and pyrotechnics used at these events.
• PLEASE NOTE TICKETMASTER IS THE TICKETING AGENT FOR THIS EVENT. THE PROMOTER STRONGLY ADVISES YOU DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM UNOFFICIAL SOURCES. BANNED ITEMS THAT SHOULD NOT BE BOUGHT INTO THE GROUNDS
• Garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks ETC.
• Umbrellas, selfie sticks, flares/fireworks, laser pens, megaphone/air horns, aerosols
• Illegal substances, “legal highs” , herbal highs or NoS
• Anything that can be perceived as a weapon or which could cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event.
• Professional cameras with a detachable lens, or recording equipment. • Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL, DRINKS, OR FOOD are permitted to be brought into the venue (with the exception of up to 500ml of water in a sealed plastic bottle)
• Animals with the exception of guide dogs
• Excessive amounts of cigarettes
• Glass including but not limited to drinks and food containers
• These are outdoor events. Concerts will take place rain or shine.
o Always check the weather forecast before setting off.
o Wear outdoor footwear, as the grass may be wet, muddy or uneven.
o If it is sunny bring sun-cream, a hat and drink lots of water
o If it is raining bring wet weather clothing including wellies. Please note that umbrellas are not allowed.
• Note location of Entry / Exit Gates, Emergency Exits, First Aid Posts and Water Points
• Patrons are advised to be aware of their own personnel safety and security while attending these events. They should ensure the security of personnel belongings while on route to and from the venue i.e. purses/wallets/tickets/mobile phones
• Any form of antisocial behaviour, crowd surfing, moshing, and public urination will not be tolerated. The same goes for illegal activity. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to, or remove from, the venue anyone taking part in these activities, without a refund.
• Please move slowly and quietly when exiting the Concert site and co-operate with stewards’ directions. Do not rush the exits, hang back until the main throng has dispersed for an easier journey home.
• Please co-operate with stewards and Gardaí and follow any loudspeaker announcements.
• An Garda Síochána will operate a Zero tolerance policy regarding alcohol consumption in public areas, any illegal criminal or anti-social behaviour.
• Please respect the property and privacy of residents in the vicinity.
• Please use the toilets that have been provided and refrain from public urination.
• Please use the car, coach and bus parks provided, do not park illegally or in residential areas
• Note that official merchandising will be available inside the grounds only.
ONCE AGAIN WE URGE ALL CONCERT-GOERS TO RESPECT LOCAL RESIDENTS AND THEIR COMMUNITY BY NOT ENGAGING IN ANY ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR, NOT URINATING IN PUBLIC AND BY NOT PARKING ILLEGALLY OR IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE AND ENJOY THE SHOWS