Don Henley plays Dublin's 3Arena this weekend in what is sure to be a special gig.
However, it seems that the Eagles man is going to great lengths to enforce a ban on technology at the gig, as promoters have issued a notice asking people not only to avoid filming any part of the concert, but to avoid using their phone altogether. That includes texting and phone calls.
See below for the official notice.
VERY IMPORTANT additional information for ticket holders attending DON HENLEY this Friday 1 July – 3Arena, Dublin
- Any type of cameras and video / audio recorders are strictly prohibited.
- The use of mobile phones, cameras and recording devices is strictly prohibited in the auditorium during the performance. No audio or video recording or photography allowed.
- In order to maximise your enjoyment as well as the enjoyment of those around you, please turn off your mobile phones and other electronic devices during the concert.
- Please do not text during the concert.
- Please refrain from the use of any mobile device during the performance.
We appreciate your cooperation.
While we admire an artist taking a stand against the scourge of mobile phones at live gigs, it'll be interesting to see how staff at the 3Arena will enforce people texting.