Although there was some hope that it might be saved this year, the organisers of Glastonbury confirmed that the music festival will lose another year to the pandemic.
In a statement released on Twitter just moments ago, organiser Emily Eavis said that "this year will be another enforced fallow year for us," and added that "in spite of our efforts to move Heaven & Earth, it has become clear that we simply will not be able to make the Festival happen this year."
— Emily Eavis (@emilyeavis) January 21, 2021
Previously, Mel B of the Spice Girls told BBC that the festival had been cancelled this year, however Emily Eavis had - at that time - said that they were still trying to make the festival for 2021.
A 2021 Glastonbury, however, was highly unlikely under the current circumstances. Indeed, just a few months ago, the only "certain" Glastonbury event was in 2022, telling ITV News at that time that a concert in 2021 was "just wishful thinking."
Had this year's concert gone ahead, it's likely that Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney and Kendrick Lamar would have played the concert as they were the initial bookings before the pandemic forced live music events to close.