Norwegian pop star Skaar (pronounced 'Score') recently released her debut album 'Waiting'.
If you're a fan of acts like Sigrid and Aurora, you'll find a lot to like in the 22-year-old's music; it helps that she's under the same management as both of those artists.
Skaar is already a bit of a star in her homeland, clocking up multiple nominations at the Norwegian Grammys – so we caught up with her to learn about her background, inspirations and more.
1. What's the music that you listened to growing up, that you still listen to today?
A lot of different pop/ rock and indiepop! Especially Coldplay, Foo Fighters and Florence + the machine!
2. In three words, describe the minute before you walk on stage.
Hahaha, hard to say… I guess: need-to-poop.
3. How do you wind down after a gig?
I either drink one beer with my band, or I just go to sleep. It depends how much is going on in that period!
4. What’s the one song you wish you’d written first?
Hmm… Maybe 'I Can't Make You Love Me' by Bonnie Raitt… But if it's about making money, I would say 'All I Want for Christmas is You', haha.
5. What’s the last thing you watched on TV?
A show called 'Kompani Lauritzen' from Norway. It’s about Norwegian celebrities being trained in the military. Very funny!
6. Name one record and one film that everyone should hear / see.
The record would be 'III' by Banks and the movie would be 'Paddington', hehe… I LOVE THAT BEAR
7. What's your biggest pet peeve?
People asking me if I’m angry. Ahhh that only makes me more angry!
8. Who's the most famous person saved to your phone contacts?
Probably Sigrid! She’s awesome ahhhh.
9. You’re ordering take-away, what do you get?
Indian food, my favourite.
10. Describe your perfect day off.
A day with a boat trip, lots of sun so I could get some freckles, hanging out with friends and eating some good food and drinking beer in the evening. Ahhhh yes.
BONUS QUESTION: Recommend a podcast and tell us why we should subscribe to it.
I only listen to Norwegian podcasts! But I love podcasts about conspiracy theories! Is there one about that outside of Norway? Hit me up!
'Waiting' is out now.