Hearing about a band or artist's influences and inspirations are all well and good, but sometimes, you just want to get to the nitty-gritty in an interview - like, 'what's your favourite takeaway dish'?
Our new Q&A series sees us throwing rapidfire questions at musicians to get their most instinctive answers. There's no beating around the bush here - just honest, straightforward insights into their creative minds.
Kosovan DJ Dardan Aliu aka Regard has already become widely known thanks to his song 'Ride It', which became a viral sensation on TikTok and earned him a record deal with Ministry of Sound.
He recently released his new single 'Secrets', so it's the perfect time for him to answer our 10 Questions.
1. What’s the music that you listened to growing up, that you still listen to today?
I’ve always loved '80s music.
2. In three words, describe the minute before you walk on stage.
Elation, excitement and fire!
3. How do you wind down after a gig?
I host the after party!
4. What’s the one song you wish you’d written or recorded first?
The Eagles - Hotel California.
5. You can only have three albums on your phone/in your house at any one time - what three would you pick for today?
Michael Jackson - Dangerous, Backstreet Boys – Backstreet’s Back, also my own album, haha.
6. Name one record, one book and one film or TV show that everyone should hear / read / see.
Regard & Raye - 'Secrets', 'Personal Stereo' by Rebecca Tuhus-Dubrow, Breaking Bad.
7. What film would be best used as a biopic about your life?
'We Are Your Friends'.
8. You’re ordering take-away, what do you get?
Crispy chicken and a burger.
9. Describe your perfect day.
Seeing friends, making and listening to my music. I’d go to a café or shopping, or maybe go out for a good lunch. I love performing so I would want to spend the evening DJing, and finish it off with an incredible afterparty.
10. Tell us, in one sentence, why we should come to your next gig.
I play how I would like to see an artist play if I was going to a show!
'Secrets' by Regard and Raye is out now.