She is one of the brightest musical prospects of 2021, after placing highly on the BBC's most recent 'Sound Of' poll.
Taylor Swift has even sung her praises, outing herself as a “huge fan” after she covered Swift's song 'Exile' with Maisie Peters last year.
Now, 20-year-old Hertfordshire native Sarah Faith Griffiths aka Griff is gearing up for a big year, with new single 'Black Hole' laying the groundwork nicely.
We caught up with one of pop music's brightest prospects for a chat, and she even answered our infamous 10 Questions...
1. What’s the music that you listened to growing up, that you still listen to today?
I always go back Taylor Swift, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and Hillsong Worship.
2. In three words, describe the minute before you walk on stage.
Terrifying, overwhelming, tense!
3. How do you wind down after a gig?
Taking off hair and makeup is usually quite therapeutic; usually going on my phone to see if I’ve been tagged in videos of me performing to see if it sounded good. I usually don’t listen to any music on my way home, and then go to sleep. Is that boring?!!
4. What’s the one song you wish you’d written or recorded first?
‘How Will I Know’ by Whitney Houston.
5. You can only have three albums on your phone/in your house at any one time - what three would you pick for today?
Taylor Swift ‘Fearless’
Japananese House- ‘Good at Falling’
Haim – ‘Something To Tell You’
6. Name one record, one book and one film that everyone should hear / read / see.
Beka- ‘I’ll Be There’ // The Bible// Kings Of Summer.
7. Pick the director and lead actor(s) for a biopic about your life.
Director- Wes Anderson.
Actors – I don’t know what actor though as there are not many Asian/black-looking actresses.
8. You’re ordering take-away, what do you get?
Some kind of sushi set! And matcha mochi for dessert.
9. Describe your perfect day off.
A lie-in and then drive to the British sea-side with friends, finished off with eating fish and chips.
10. Tell us, in one sentence, why we should come to your next gig (whenever it may be.)
Because I think I'm best when I'm performing - so hopefully if you like my music, you’ll like it ten times more live! Also I always try to make sure my live show has a cool aesthetic about it - so if you’re into that, you should come.
'Black Hole' is out now.