21-year-old Greg Tisdall's sound borrows from numerous genres – including indie, funk, rock and r'n'b – but the young Dubliner's bedroom pop style has charmed many an audience over the past couple of years.
His new single 'Am I Still on Your Mind' has just been released, so we caught up with him to learn more about his influences, his background and his plans for the future.
1. What’s the music that you listened to growing up, that you still listen to today?
The Strokes, 100%. Worked perfectly as angsty teen music, [but] also just class in a more serious way. I went to see Kanye and Jay-Z when I was 12 (I got absolutely thrown around the standing area of the O2) and they're definitely still slapping.
2. In three words, describe the minute before you walk on stage.
Excitement, frustration, sweaty.
3. How do you wind down after a gig?
I usually do the opposite of winding down; after a good show, I'm usually wired. I'm always mad sticky and sweaty so I'll try to use a towel before going out to talk to people. But then I just love to be with a small close group of friends and go dancing all night.
4. What’s the one song you wish you’d written or recorded first?
'Devil In A Dress' by Kanye West. I always wanted to write a freestyle over the beat of it when I was younger – thankfully, I didn't! I can't really rap and I don't think 14 -year-old me talking about some girl I fancied would have done it justice. 'Glad You Came' by The Wanted was pretty sick, too.
5. You can only have three albums on your phone/in your house at any one time - what three would you pick for today?
'American Boyfriend' - Kevin Abstract
'Chasing Summer'- SiR
'How I'm Feeling Now' - Charli XCX
6. Name one record, one book and one film that everyone should hear / read / see.
'American Boyfriend' - Kevin Abstract.
'Normal People' is probably the only book I've read in the last year (sorry!).
I don't usually have the attention span for movies, but 'Parasite' was pretty sick.
7. Pick the director and lead actor(s) for a biopic about your life.
Ken Loach, and then Timothée Chalamet. I think people would appreciate seeing him with bleached blonde hair.
8. You’re ordering take-away, what do you get?
Slice of pepperoni from McGuinness's on Camden Street.
9. Describe your perfect day off.
I'm a student, so most of my days are off, really. Cycling to the beach from town. Then making some music with friends.
10. Tell us, in one sentence, why we should come to your next gig.
I have a crazy amount of energy. I think I'm definitely at my best when playing live. I talk to the crowd a lot, too. My dance moves are incredible. Not exactly choreographed, but incredible.
BONUS QUESTION: Recommend a podcast and tell us why we should subscribe to it.
I'm a big fan of politics podcasts. Like Chapo Trap House. They talk about what's going on while also keeping it pretty funny.
'Am I Still on Your Mind' is out now.