Inspired by the likes of Mumford and Sons, The Lumineers and Noah Kahan, Darren Kiely has just released his new single ‘Lost & Found’.
The New York-based Cork native will play headline shows in Boston and NYC before bringing his ‘The Road Home’ tour to Irish shores throughout November.
His debut EP arrives next month amid a fast-growing fanbase - so we caught up with him to learn more.
1. What’s the music that you listened to growing up, that you still listen to today?
The Lumineers, Coldplay, Damien Rice, David Gray.
2. In three words, describe the minute before you walk on stage.
Mind the step.
3. How do you wind down after a gig?
Watch a movie.
4. What’s the one song (by another artist) you wish you’d written or recorded first?
‘Colour Me In’ - Damien Rice.
5. What is your pet peeve?
When someone comes into an elevator before you have a chance to get off said elevator.
6. Name one record, one book and one film that everyone should hear / read / see.
Record - The Lumineers - 'III'
Book - ‘Breath’ by James Nestor
Film - ‘The Prestige’
7. Pick the director and lead actor(s) for a biopic about your life.
Director - Ben Affleck
Actor - Ryan Gosling
8. You’re ordering take-away, what do you get?
9. Describe your perfect day off.
Stroll for an early morning coffee, run around a city I've never been to, watch some sort of sports game and then head to a concert.
10. Tell us, in one sentence, why we should come to your next gig (whenever it may be.)
I think I have a unique and distinct musical style which offers anyone who goes to my gig to experience a cathartic release, and share that experience with others who feel the same way.
BONUS QUESTION: Recommend a podcast and tell us why we should subscribe to it.
‘Diary of a CEO’ - offers an insight into "successful' people and their lives and struggles.
'Lost & Found' is out now. Darren Kiely plays the following Irish dates in November:
11th Nov - Roisin Dubh - Galway
12th Nov – Cyprus Ave – Cork
16th Nov – Workman's – Dublin
17th Nov – Dolan's – Limerick