Irish pop-dance group Chasing Abbey have enjoyed success on home territory with singles like 'Talk to Me' and 'That Good Thing' over the last few years – and even US publication Billboard noted their “pop shimmer and incredibly evocative lyrics”.
Now, the Tullamore trio - Outro, Bee Fade and Teddy C – are back with a new single, 'Lately' – a song they say is perfectly tailored for the Tik Tok-driven soundscape of 2020.
We caught up with the band to find out more about their influences, favourite music and the ever-important takeaway dish of choice...
1. What’s the music that you listened to growing up, that you still listen to today?
We listened to lots of different genres of music growing up. We come from musical backgrounds so music has always been a huge part of our lives. We listened to traditional, folk, rock, country, pop and all the classics! As we got a little older, we started to listen to hip hop, dance and electronic music. We still listen to all these types of music to this day!
2. In three words, describe the minute before you walk on stage.
Energy in alignment.
3. How do you wind down after a gig?
Our gigs are wild and the energy is always intense. We are usually pretty shattered after a gig! I guess you could say we leave it all out there.
4. What’s the one song you wish you’d written or recorded first?
Hard to choose one, but at the moment one of our favourite songs is ‘Every Breath You Take’ by The Police. Up there with the best ever written.
5. You can only have three albums on your phone/in your house at any one time - what three would you pick for today?
Coldplay - 'Ghost Stories'
Biggie Smalls - 'Ready to Die'
J. Cole - '4 Your Eyes Only'
6. Name one record, one book and one film that everyone should hear / read / see.
Phil Collins - 'In the Air Tonight'
'The Law of Attraction' (book)
'Walk The Line' (movie)
7. Pick the director and lead actor(s) for a biopic about your life.
Joaquin Phoenix, Johnny Depp and Michael Fassbender... with Mel Gibson as director.
8. You’re ordering take-away, what do you get?
Dominos. Don’t @ us.
9. Describe your perfect day off.
Chilling with good company and good food.
10. Tell us, in one sentence, why we should come to your next gig – whenever it happens.
Ain’t no party like a CA party!
'Lately' is out now and you can keep up to date with Chasing Abbey here.