Big, epic, romantic, tension-breaking, sometimes awkward yet always passionate Hollywood kisses; what's not to love? A kiss can make or break a movie and it's for that very reason that each year, that the MTV Movie Awards spend a good chunk of their evening reflecting on their importance with the best snog of all receiving their coveted popcorn statue. Winners over the years have included Anna Chlumsky and Macaulay Culkin for their very cute embrace in My Girl, Demi Moore and Woody Harrelson for their steamy moments in Indecent Proposal, and then you have your old reliables like Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams for their tear-inducing climactic kiss in The Notebook and Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson whose Twilight he-might-kill-you-if-he-gets-too-turned-on shcorin' scooped the award four years in a row.
Thinking of Hollywood smackers, we've compiled our own list of what we reckon we'd like to have been on the receiving end of:
1. Jim Carrey and Lauren Holly - Dumb and Dumber. What?! This looked awesome. Lots of tongue is err, good.
2. Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes - Romeo and Juliet. Shakespearean dialogue and in the water; always a bonus.
3. Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst - Spiderman. In the rain, upside down AND he's a superhero.
4. Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal - Brokeback Mountain. The most passionate guy on guy kiss we've ever seen in a movie.
5. Renee Zellweger and Colin Firth - Bridget Jones' Diary. In her knickers, in the snow and Colin Firth curses. Yes please. -
6. Renee Zellweger and Tom Cruise - Jerry Maguire. You had me at hello, Tom. Then you went a bit weird with the whole Scientology thing but we can put that to one side for now.
7. Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan - When Harry Met Sally. I just know this is one of the best movie kisses ever. I know "like you know about a good melon."
8. Hugh Grant and Andie MacDowell - Four Weddings and a Funeral. A posh English kiss in the rain. What is it about rain?
9. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams - The Notebook. Yes this is nothing new; it's on just about everybody's list but damn is it good. And again, there's some rain. What's more, it stems from a passionate argument.
10. Matthew McFadyen and Keira Knightley - Pride and Prejudice. Words so fancy we need a dictionary to understand them, period costumes and yes you guessed it, more rain.
11. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson - Twilight. Another "best kiss" list regular but still worthy of a nod for its dramatic build up and the added vampire element.
12. Dustin Hoffman and Valeria Golino - Rain Man. Well it's not meant to be all steamy and romantic but Hoffman acts this scene out so well, we couldn't not mention it.
13. Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh - Gone With The Wind. She needs kissing badly.
14. Richard Gere and Julia Roberts - Pretty Woman. If Richard Gere is involved, we're in. Quite the fairytale storyline too.
15. Richard Gere and Debra Winger - An Officer And A Gentleman. See our point made above. And add in a Navy uniform.
Any to add yourself?