Looking for a nice way to (EEK!!) end the summer? Let's all pile into the cinema for the cheapest day of the year!
Yep, National Cinema Day will allow you to enter the participating cinemas, see any film you want (even if it's in 3D or premium screenings) all for the price of €4 per ticket.
Don't be surprised if you find yourself heading to two or three movies next Saturday, September 3 for the day that's in it - sure you might as well make the most of the day while you can.
Over 95% of cinemas in the Republic of Ireland will participate in this initiative, offering a wide variety of new and recent releases. Cinemas in every county in the Republic of Ireland are participating, meaning easy access for audiences to big screen entertainment in their home county.
And what are we heading to see, you ask? We'll take your finest tickets to see 'Minions: The Rise of Gru', please (dressed in formal attire and going absolutely bananas in the theatre, naturally). However, there's a load of other movies you can choose from:
- Jordan Peele's new horror spectacle 'Nope'
- Brad Pitt needs to get off a train in, erm, 'Bullet Train'
- Tom Holland, Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are swinging back into theatres with a new extended version of 'Spider-Man: No Way Home (The More Fun Stuff Version)'
- There's more family-friendly animation in 'DC League of Super-Pets'
- Idris Elba has a big beastly problem in, yep, 'Beast'
- There's a special 'E.T.' 40th-anniversary edition in select cinemas now
- 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (40th Anniversary)' is also in select cinemas
- New supernatural horror film led by 'Game of Thrones' alum Nathalie Emmanuel 'The Invitation'
- The big potential Irish Oscar contender of the year 'An Cailín Ciúin'
- Ralph Fiennes and Jessica Chastain in 'The Forgiven'
- Vertigo sufferers will want to steer well clear of the new horror film 'Fall'
- Tom Cruise's 'Top Gun: Maverick' might still be in cinemas if you want to head to the skies once again
- And finally the biggest action blockbuster of the year that nearly didn't get to see the light of day - Michael Flatley's 'Blackbird'
- Plus all of the other special screenings in cinemas around the country
Cinemas that are taking part in National Cinema Day include: Arc Cinemas; Carrick Cineplex; Cineworld; Eclipse Cinemas; Eye Cinema; Gate Cinemas; IMC Cinemas; Light House Cinema; [email protected]; Odeon Cinemas; Omniplex Cinemas; Pálás Cinema; Reel Cinemas; Vue Cinemas.
Head to our cinema listings page (here) and get booking your tickets before next Saturday is all sold out. Happy cinema-ing!