'The Lion King' has topped the box office for 2019 in the Republic of Ireland with a total haul of €6.54 million.
Figures released by Rentrak and compiled by Wide Eye Media show that out of the ten highest-grossing movies at the Irish box office, seven were under the Disney banner. The second-highest grossing movie of the year was 'Avengers: Endgame', which took in €6.4 million for the year total. Meanwhile, 'Joker' managed an impressive €6.3 million, despite the fact that the movie was rated 16 by IFCO.
Meanwhile, 'Downton Abbey' managed to place seventh, while comic-book movies took up three of the ten spaces. 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' managed to secure the ninth place on the Top 10, despite the fact it was only on release at Ireland's box office for just two weeks.
Here's the full breakdown of figures for 2019's box office.
1. 'The Lion King' - €6,542,001
2. 'Avengers: Endgame' - €6,408,459
3. 'Joker' - €6,350,724
4. 'Toy Story 4' - €5,977,865
5. 'Frozen II' - €4,751,756
6. 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' - €3,339,554
7. 'Downton Abbey' - €2,966,318
8. 'Captain Marvel' - €2,831,922
9. 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' - €2,770,193
10. 'Aladdin' - €2,610,185