We've been following the news on Doom for quite some time now and as we edge closer to the May release date, we finally get a snifter of what's in store.
All this weekend, Doom will be available for free download on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC as part of its Open Beta program. While you won't get to play the whole game, you do get to experience the Multiplayer aspect of it.
The Open Beta will take up 5.4GB on your PS4, 8.57GB on your XboxOne and a required minimum of 22GB on PC. In exchange, you'll get the following for free:
- Maps: Heatwave and Infernal
- Game Modes: 6v6 Team Deathmatch and Warpath
- Demon: Revenant
- Weapons: Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, Super Shotgun, Vortex Rifle, Static Rifle, Heavy Assault Rifle, and Lightning Gun
- Power Weapons: Gauss Cannon
- Equipment: Frag Grenade, Personal Teleporter, Siphon Grenade
All that and probably hand-cramps from playing it too much. The beta is to roadtest Doom's multiplayer mode and, as you can expect, there'll probably be a few glitches or overloaded servers. We'll be playing along ourselves over the weekend and we'll have a few thoughts on the whole thing by Monday or Tuesday.
In the meantime, let's watch the trailer again because IT'S SO COOL.