If you're heading to Ireland's most famous outdoor musical event next weekend (May 30th), you'll want to have a read of the below info.
Foo Fighters will headline the 23rd edition of Slane next Saturday, with support from Hozier, Kaiser Chiefs, The Strypes and Ash and tickets are still on sale.
Below you'll find stage times and a safety notice for the gig, as well as a map for the concert site. The concert will take place rain or shine.
Gates open: 2pm
The Strypes: 2.15pm
Kaiser Chiefs: 5.45pm
Foo Fighters: TBC
Dublin Buses depart between 13.00 -16.00 hrs every 30 minutes from Parnell Square West outside the Rotunda Dublin, returning from Slane straight after concert. Tickets priced €20 when purchased in advance from Ticketmaster outlets or online: www.ticketmaster.ie. Tel. Dublin Bus (01) 8734222 for information. Tickets priced at €25 when purchased on the day of the concert.
Marathon Coaches from Dublin to Slane: Departure from Dublin at Custom House Quay. Pick up at 13.00,14.00,15.00,16.00,17.00hrs Return from Slane directly after the concert from Dublin Transport Hub (closest bus stop to Slane castle concert) to Custom House Quay. Tickets priced €20 when purchased in advance - online: www.bushiredublin.net. Tel Marathon Coaches on (01) 4790344 for information. Tickets priced at €25 when purchased on the day of the concert. Please be advised booking in advance is strongly advised.
NO QUEUING BEFORE 2pm. These are outdoor events. Concert will take place rain or shine
AN GARDA SÍOCHÁNA WILL HAVE A TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PLAN IN OPERATION - FOR FULL DETAILS PLEASE CHECK WWW.GARDA.IE
Plan your approach to SLANE based on the following:
• As traffic and parking delays are inevitable you are strongly advised to use public transport or car pool.
• It is strongly recommended that you leave plenty of time if driving to and from the venue.
• Plan your route in advance and check the AA Roadwatch website for reports on traffic, road works, delays etc. on your route
• Please consult signs on the approach roads to the venue for directions on the best routes to take.
• People with impaired mobility should only approach from Navan via the N51 in order to access designated car parks beside concert site please email [email protected] to register for accessible parking
• Car Parking: Please use car parks provided. As per all previous Slane concerts a parking charge will apply for local independently operated car parks. Please allow for a 20 - 30 minute walk to concert site.
DOS & DON'TS:
• Check www.mcd.ie for Event Travel Information.
• There will be a strict NO Alcohol Policy implemented on all public transport & private buses travelling to venue. Please do not arrive at the event intoxicated, as you will not be permitted entry. • An Garda Siochana & Event Security will operate ticket checks & searches on access to the venue.
• Allow enough time for concert entry procedures, ticket checks and searches.
• There is no readmission to the concert.
• An Garda Siochana & Courts will operate a zero-tolerance policy regarding alcohol consumption in public areas, any illegal criminal or anti-social behaviour.
• For your safety please co-operate with stewards and Gardaí & follow any loudspeaker announcements.
• For your own and the safety of others please move slowly & quietly when exiting the concert site and co-operate with stewards’ directions.
• Dress appropriately & always be prepared for the Irish weather… bring your Wellington boots!
• Note that catering & bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL OR FOOD is permitted to be brought into the venue.
• Photo proof of age is required for sale of alcohol.
• Official merchandising will be available inside the grounds only.
• The concert may be recorded for visual and audio broadcast.
• Note location of Entry / Exit Gates, Emergency Exits, First Aid Posts and Water Points.
• Wear bright clothes or luminous armbands if you are walking in the dark.
• Please note there are a limited number of ATMs so patrons are advised to bring sufficient funds to avoid having to queue.
• Respect the property and privacy of residents in the vicinity of Slane Village. Patrons are also asked to have consideration for local residents and refrain from anti-social behaviour such as on-street drinking and urinating etc.
• Patrons are advised to be aware of their own personal safety and security while attending the events. They should ensure the security of personal belongings while en route to and from the venue i.e. purses/wallets/tickets/ Mobile Phones.
• Note that if you are or perceived to be intoxicated you will be refused entry to the concert even if you hold a valid ticket. Intoxication through alcohol or drugs, antisocial behaviour, Crowd Surfing or Moshing are not acceptable. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to or remove from the venue anyone taking part in these activities without a refund.
• Please note under 16s must be accompanied by parent/guardian.
• Do not buy tickets from unofficial sources.
• Do not bring food, selfie sticks, umbrellas, flagpoles or alcohol into the grounds. These will be confiscated at the ticket barriers and disposed of accordingly.
• Do not rush the exits after the concert.
• Do not try to bring cameras with a detachable lens or recording equipment into the grounds.
• DO NOT BRING LIQUIDS OF ANY KIND EITHER BOTTLED CANNED etc. These items are strictly prohibited.
• Do not bring garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks. Please check www.mcd.ie for further information on the event ‘Door Policy’.
• Do not park illegally. Towing in operation.