If you're one of the lucky people who managed to nab a ticket for one (or perhaps both) Bruce Springsteen gigs at Croke Park, you're probably wondering what the story is with stage times, etc.
The Boss is known for his long sets, and it looks like he's planning to continue that tradition as gates will open at 5pm on Friday & Sunday, with the main man taking the stage at 7pm. There is no support act.
A media/security briefing took place at Croke Park this morning, and promoters have issued the following info on tickets, transport and safety for attendees:
BEWARE BOGUS TICKET SELLERS
Please note the following very important information for the health, safety and enjoyment of all patrons.
--- NO QUEUING ALLOWED ON THE STREETS AROUND CROKE PARK PRIOR TO GATES OPENING ---
Croke Park is a residential area and all patrons attending the concerts are asked to respect the privacy and interests of the local community. The stadium’s community officer and community team will be on duty each concert night. A freephone community hotline is also available to local residents who wish to bring any concert-related matter to the stadium’s attention.
No early queuing on the streets will be allowed in the vicinity of Croke Park. Early arrivals will be turned away.
· There is NO support act. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be on stage at 7pm
· Patrons are encouraged to arrive at 5pm when gates open.
· Under 14s are NOT allowed on the pitch either accompanied or unaccompanied.
· All under 16s attending the concert MUST be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian aged over 18.
· Guardians must remain with under 16s and take full responsibility at all times for them throughout the event.
· We reserve the right to refuse admission without refund to anyone who fails to comply.
There will be FREE TAG-A-KID safety wristbands which will be available at all the customer care points both outside and inside the venue. Parents / guardians attending with young children are encouraged to avail of these white wristbands which have a space for parents / guardians to write a contact number and seat number. The purpose of these wristbands is to help reuniting lost children with parent / guardian should your child become separated from you within the venue.
FOR YOUR SAFETY AND COMFORT
These are outdoor concerts and will take place rain or shine.
· Please remember to plan for adverse weather conditions and check the weather forecast before leaving home. Do not bring an umbrella.
· Check ticket for correct concert date and approach route before leaving home.
· Patrons are advised to keep their ticket in a safe place on their approach to the venue.
· Show your tickets at the ticket barrier outside the stadium for inspection; strict security checks will be in operation.
· Patrons are advised not to bring back-packs / large bags.
· The following items will not be permitted:
o Banners or flags larger than A4
o Cameras with more than 1” lens
o Garden furniture or seats
o Glass or cans
o Inflatable balls or balloons
o Laser pointers
o Selfie sticks
o Shooting sticks
o Studs & spikes
o Video cameras & audio devices
· Obey the stewards and Gardaí and any instructions given over the public address system, for your own safety.
· This event is not a suitable environment for babies or small children. High noise levels can damage a child’s hearing. There are no measures in place to facilitate babies or small children. Everyone attending the event must have a concert ticket.
· There will be a wide range of food and beverages available to buy within the stadium. Please note: Alcohol will only be available for adults ages 18 and over, you will be required to provide photo ID as proof of age.
· There are strictly no re-admissions to the concert.
· Smoking is prohibited, except at designated open areas within the grounds.
· Walk slowly to the exits at the end of the concert.
You are strongly advised to arrive early and use public transport as traffic delays are inevitable. www.transportforireland.ie can help you plan your route. Add at least 1.5hours to your normal journey time.
Get an overview of how to get to Croke Park on www.garda.ie or www.transportforireland.ie. An Garda Síochána have devised a traffic management plan for these events.
Plan your journey to & from Croke Park based on the following:
• Croke Park is well served by public transport – Dublin Bus, Rail & Dart will bring you less than a 15 minute walk to the ground. Details are available at: www.dublinbus.ie & www.irishrail.ie.
• Please use city centre car parks; details of which can be found on the parking & taxis section of www.dublintown.ie/get-around .
• Late rail services (Maynooth & Dundalk rail lines) and DART services will operate after the concert.
• Special train services will operate from Heuston Station:
o Limerick and Cork with stops at Portlaoise, Limerick Jnt, Mallow & Charleville at 00.30am
o Galway with stops at Tullamore, Athlone, Ballinasloe, Athenry & Oranmore at 00.30am
• Additional Dart and Commuter services will also operate.
• Further information on services is available at www.irishrail.ie or phone 1850 366 222.
• There is a planned Luas stoppage on Friday May 27th due to strike action. Luas red line services between Jervis Street and the Point will be affected by Luas cross city works on Sunday May 29th. Further details are available on www.luas.ie .
• Download map and directions at www.crokepark.ie .
• We strongly recommend you plan your journey in advance, allowing sufficient travel time to and from the venue
• Check the AA Roadwatch website for reports on traffic, road works and delays etc.For latest live show day traffic updates telephone AA Roadwatch on 1550 22 22 11 (AA Roadwatch premium rates apply) or tune in to RTÉ 2fm.
• Use city centre car parks and public transport.
PLEASE CHECK TICKET FOR CORRECT CONCERT DATE AND APPROACH ROUTE TO VENUE.
THERE WILL BE A COLOUR CODED TICKET SYSTEM IN OPERATION TO HELP YOU REACH THE CORRECT ENTRY POINT FOR THE CONCERTS. PLEASE NOTE THE TICKET CHECKPOINT INDICATED ON THE DIAGRAM BELOW. THERE IS NO ACCESS TO DAVIN STAND VIA RUSSELL STREET; ENTRY IS VIA ST. MARGARET’S AVENUE OFF NORTH CIRCULAR ROAD.
BOX OFFICE - CREDIT CARD COLLECTIONS / GUEST LIST: Available from official Ticketmaster outlet at Gills Corner – the corner of Russell Street & North Circular Road.
SPECIAL NEEDS: Please contact Aiken Promotions in advance of the concert at [email protected] with any accessible requests or queries you might have regarding this concert. For further information, please visit www.aikenpromotions.com .
PLEASE NOTE: Should you have any queries in advance of the concerts you should contact Ticketmaster or Aiken Promotions (www.aikenpromotions.com ) and we will be happy to assist. Please be advised on concert day there will be customer care points outside and throughout the venue, should you require any assistance please speak to a member of staff in a pink hi-vis vest.
GETTING TO CROKE PARK
CROKE PARK IS BORDERED BY CLONLIFFE RD, BALLYBOUGH RD AND THE NORTH CIRCULAR RD
BLUE ROUTE: HOGAN STAND VIA JONES’ ROAD AND RUSSELL STREET
RED ROUTE: CUSACK STAND AND PITCH VIA ST.JAMES’ AVENUE AND FOSTER TERRACE
YELLOW ROUTE: DAVIN STAND VIA ST. MARGARET’S AVENUE'
CROKE PARK STADIUM IS SITUATED IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA. WE WOULD APPEAL TO ALL FANS TO RESPECT THE LOCAL COMMUNITY BY NOT LITTERING, NOT ENGAGING IN ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR AND BY NOT PARKING ILLEGALLY.
Enjoy the show and ensure everyone else has as good a time as you by following this advice.