The New Yorker returns to Dublin for the first time since 2013 when he plays the Aviva on Saturday, June 23rd.
If you're heading along - or thinking about it (tickets are still available) - below is the info you'll need.
It's looking decent for Saturday, as that 'heatwave' that we've been hearing about is set to make a comeback. Met.ie say Saturday will be "Dry, calm and mostly sunny with just wispy high cloud about generally. Very mild or even warm with maxima of 18 to 23 degrees Celsius, warmest inland and across the south."
Accuweather paints a similar picture:
Doors open at 6.30pm. Billy Joel will be on at 8pm sharp and there will be no support act, so make sure you're there early.
The Ticketmaster van will be located at the juncture of Northumberland Road and Lansdowne Road.
As you may expect, Joel's recent setlists have been pretty hit-strewn and befitting of a stadium gig by such a world-famous artist. You can expect him to play some variation on the below, which was his setlist from Manchester's Etihad Stadium last weekend (via Setlist.fm):
Your Song (Elton John cover) (snippet)
The Longest Time
The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Solomon Linda cover)
Half a Mile Away
New York State of Mind
Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) (Followed by snippet of 'Layla' instrumental)
Don't Ask Me Why
Sunshine of Your Love (Cream cover) (snippet)
Ruby Tuesday (The Rolling Stones cover) (snippet)
Honky Tonk Women (The Rolling Stones cover) (snippet)
The House of the Rising Sun (Eric Burdon & the Animals cover) (snippet)
A Salty Dog (Procol Harum cover) (snippet)
Good Times Bad Times (Led Zeppelin cover) (snippet)
Glad All Over (The Dave Clark Five cover) (snippet)
The Downeaster Alexa
Fire (The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover) (snippet)
Sometimes a Fantasy
Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen cover) (snippet)
Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits cover) (snippet)
She's Always a Woman
The River of Dreams / A Hard Day's Night
A Day in the Life (The Beatles cover)
Nessun dorma (Giacomo Puccini cover)
Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
We Didn't Start the Fire
It's Still Rock and Roll to Me
You May Be Right
The easiest method to get to the Aviva is via public transport. The DART stops right at Lansdowne Road. Check dublinbus.ie for bus routes. There is no car parking in the vicinity of the stadium as it is a residential area, so drivers are advised to park in the city centre and use public transport. If you're a walker, it'll take approx. 30-40 minutes to walk to the Aviva from O'Connell Bridge, and it's just over a mile from St. Stephen's Green.
- Please do not bring a bag unless it is totally necessary. People without bags will be fast-tracked. if you must bring a bag it needs to be smaller than A4 size. Bags under A4 size will be subject to a search which will result in unnecessary queueing. Bags over A4 size will not be allowed in the stadium.
- There are a limited number of tickets available from Ticketmaster.
- We strongly advise fans not to purchase tickets from any secondary sellers / websites. We cannot guarantee that tickets listed on these sites or on sale from secondary sellers are valid or actually exist. The only way to guarantee legitimate tickets is to purchase from the official ticket seller for this event Ticketmaster.
- People arriving after the start of the concert may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the performance.
- This is a residential area so we ask ticket holders to please respect the privacy of the residents and respect the local community.
- This is an outdoor event - please keep watch on the weather forecast and dress accordingly. Umbrellas are not permitted in the stadium.
- Plan your journey to the venue by visiting www.transportforireland.ie
- We strongly advise the use of public transport. Plan your journey online from anywhere in Ireland to the Aviva Stadium via the Aviva Stadium Journey Planner http://www.avivastadium.ie/getting-here
- An Garda Siochana have devised a traffic management plan for this concert. For full details please check the following website: www.garda.ie
- Aviva Stadium is well served by public transport. Bus Rail, DART and LUAS transport options can all bring you within walking distance of the stadium. Details are available at:
www.dublinbus.ie, www.irishrail.iE, www.luas.ie (Please note the extension of the LUAS Green Line from the South of the City to O’Connell Street and Parnell Street)
- Please use city centre car parks: details of which can be found on the parking and taxis section of www.dublintown.ie/get-around
- Please check the following websites for all the latest event updates: www.aikenpromotions.com, www.avivastadium.ie, www.ticketmaster.ie, www.garda.ie