Hearing about a band or artist's influences and inspirations are all well and good, but sometimes, you just want to get to the nitty-gritty in an interview - like, 'what's your favourite takeaway dish'?
Our new Q&A series sees us throwing rapidfire questions at musicians to get their most instinctive answers. There's no beating around the bush here - just honest, straightforward insights into their creative minds.
Irish production/DJ duo Keees (aka Keith and Kevin) first began working together in 2015 and have been steadily building a buzz ever since, particularly with the release of their track 'Pour the Milk' with Robbie Doherty (who we also spoke to recently.)
We caught up with one half of the duo, Kevin, to get the lowdown on their musical DNA.
1. What’s the music that you listened to growing up, that you still listen to today?
A lot of older style house classics from back in the '90s still play a huge part in our playlists; 'Comacat' by Tensnake still makes an appearance in our sets every now and then.
2. In three words, describe the minute before you walk on stage.
“Where’s the headphones?”
3. How do you wind down after a gig?
Pizza and beer is always a good wind down.
4. What’s the one song you wish you’d written or recorded first?
Daft Punk - 'One More Time'.
5. You can only have three albums on your phone/in your house at any one time - what three would you pick for today?
Nirvana - 'Nevermind'
Kayne West - 'The College Dropout'
Frank Ocean - 'Channel Orange'
6. Name one record, and one film that everyone should hear?
The new album from The Weekend - After Hours. 100% recommend.
7. Pick the director and lead actor(s) for a biopic about your life.
Not sure on a director, but the actors would be James Franco and Seann William Scott - that would be a funny combination.
8. You’re ordering take-away, what do you get?
Chinese! Flip a coin between salt and chilli chicken or chicken and black bean.
9. Describe your perfect day off.
Plenty of sun, BBQ, relaxing house music, and good company.
10. Tell us, in one sentence, why we should come to your next gig.
So we can have a beer together after we finish our set - and also, because we try to keep our gigs as unique as possible!
BONUS QUESTION: Recommend a podcast and tell us why we should subscribe to it.
The Joe Rogan Experience - has a range of topics and can be hilarious.