Released ten years ago today, Superbad is easily one of Judd Apatow's finest works as a producer and remains the high watermark for teenage, R-rated comedies.
Written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg initially when they were just thirteen years old, the film is equal parts American Graffiti, Revenge Of The Nerds and gross-out comedy of the late '00s rolled into one hilariously effective package. The pitch-perfect casting trio of Jonah Hill, Michael Cer aand Christopher Mintz-Plasse ties together with the easygoing nature of the script, which has since become endlessly quotable.
Here's a few of our favourite lines from the film.
15. "When am I going to need to cook tiramisu? Am I going to be a chef?"
14. "By the time college rolls around, I'll be like the Iron Chef of Pounding Vag!"
13. "I kinda had this problem, something like 8% of kids do it, but whatever. For some reason, I don't know why, I would just kind of sit around all day... and draw pictures of dicks."
12. "Prepare to be fucked by the long dick of the law!"
11. "That's the coolest fucking story I've ever heard in my entire life! That's insane. Is it... Can I hear it again, do you have time?"
10. "What? You're just gonna let me sit here and eat dessert alone like I'm Steven fucking Glandsberg?"
9. "So, you guys on MySpace?"
8. "Pretend he's your little sistah!"
7. "They literally stopped me from eating foods that were shaped like dicks. No hot dogs, no popsicles... You know how many foods are shaped like dicks? The best kinds."
6. "Odd crime for a Jew to commit, they're pretty docile."
5. "I'm gonna be totally honest with you. I have a warrant out for a totally nonviolent crime. Okay? There. Mercy Street, guys."
4. "My older brother always says like the nastiest shit. He used to call me 'hymen' until I was 12."
3. "He is the sweetest guy. Have you ever looked into his eyes? It was like the first time I heard the Beatles."
2. "Enjoy your remaining years!"
1. "All right, you look like a future pedophile in this picture, number 1. Number 2, it doesn't even have a first name, it just says McLovin!"