As we're now officially into the final months of the summer blockbuster season, what kind of year has it been at cinemas so far?
Going by figures released by RenTrak / ComScore, it's been a pretty successful one for Disney and Universal, who took five places in the ten highest-grossing films of 2017 in the Republic of Ireland so far. Not surprisingly, four of the movies in the top ten were animated, three were sequels, and three were comic-book movies. Only two films were live-action, not a sequel and were not attached to a franchise.
All told, the ten highest-grossing films in Ireland have so far made €28,911,401 combined.
Here's how they break down.
1. Beauty And The Beast - €5,313,205
2. Sing - €3,502,636
3. Despicable Me 3 - €3,270,103
4. The Boss Baby - €2,962,977
5. Guardians Of The Galaxy, Vol.2 - €2,627,001
6. The LEGO Batman Movie - €2,543,637
7. Dunkirk - €2,375,970
8. Fast & Furious 8 - €2,139,734
9. La La Land - €2,137,009
10. Spider-Man: Homecoming - €2,039,129