His personal issues aside, it hasn't been a great year for Johnny Depp.
Alice Through the Looking Glass was bombed and despite early buzz for an Oscar with Black Mass last year he was largely forgotten about when the awards season arrived.
We won't feel too sorry for him just yet though as his surprise casting in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will see him with potentially four more appearances in the franchise in the coming years and with the fifth installment of the Pirates of the Caribean franchise also due out next year there is still plenty of chances for him to steady the ship.
However the latest accolade to be bestowed upon him certainly won't make for pleasant reading for the star's agent. According to Forbes, Depp has been ranked as Hollywood's most overpaid actor in 2016.
The actor's movies last three movies earned just $2.80 for every $1 he was paid. It's the second year in a row that the actor has topped the list by Forbes, though perhaps it is at least encouraging that he has improved on the $1.20 made per $1 paid ration he scored last year.
Will Smith took second place on the list. His movies made a return of $5 for every $1 he was paid. Despite Suicide Squad's success at the box office, his previous two efforts, Concussion and Focus didn't exactly set the world alight.
Julia Roberts is the only woman on the list which is hardly surprising given the gender pay gap revelations that have emerged in the last year.
The list in full is:
1. Johnny Depp ($2.80 made per $1 paid)
2. Will Smith ($5 made per $1 paid)
3. Channing Tatum ($6 made per $1 paid)
4. Will Ferrell ($6.50 made per $1 paid)
5. George Clooney ($6.70 made per $1 paid)
6. Adam Sandler ($7.60 made per $1 paid)
7. Mark Wahlberg ($9.20 made per $1 paid)
8. Leonard DiCaprio ($9.90 made per $1 paid)
9. Julia Roberts ($10.80 made per $1 paid)
10. Bradley Cooper ($12.10 made per $1 paid)