This year's programme for the Audi Dublin International Film Festival has officially launched and we've been lucky enough to get a look through this year's offerings.
As we previously reported, Vanessa Redgrave will be attending a gala premiere of Jim Sheridan's The Secret Scripture, whilst Ben Wheatley, Cillian Murphy, Jack Reynor and Michael Smiley will be attending the premiere of Free Fire. We've picked out seventeen choices from this year's festival that you should definitely give a look at.
Tickets are now on sale from adiff.ie and you can also check out the full programme there as well.
So, here's our choices in no particular order...
1. LADY MacBETH - Friday, February 17th, 20:30 at Lighthouse Cinema
This period drama-cum-psychological thriller is based on a Russian novella and tells the story of a passionate affair between a young woman (Florence Pugh) who is married against her will and strikes up a passionate affair with a local farmer. However, in order for their romance to continue, her father-in-law needs to be put out of the picture.
2. ALONE IN BERLIN - Saturday, February 18th, 18:15 at Cineworld
Brendan Gleeson and Emma Thompson star in this period drama set in Nazi Germany about a married couple whose son dies in battle, prompting them to begin spreading anti-Nazi literature and resistance.
3. IN LOCO PARENTIS - Monday, February 20th, 20:30 at Lighthouse Cinema
A new documentary that follows the life and times of pupils and teachers in Headfort, Ireland's only primary boarding school.
4. UNLESS - Wednesday, February 22nd, 20:50 at Lighthouse Cinema
Catherine Keener stars in this affecting drama about a writer / mother who struggles to understand her daughter's deliberate choice to drop out of college and live on the streets.
5. TRESPASS AGAINST US - Friday, February 22nd, 20:30 at Cineworld
Michael Fassbender and Brendan Gleeson star in this crime thriller about a young man who struggles to escape the clutches of his outlaw family and start anew with his children and partner.
6. I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO - Tuesday, February 21st, 20:45 at Lighthouse
Featuring the narration of Samuel L. Jackson, this documentary follows author James Baldwin's time with the Civil Rights Movement in America, particularly his relationships with Martin Luther King, Malcolm X and Medgar Evers.
7. FREE FIRE - Thursday, February 23rd, 18:30 at Savoy Cinema
Ben Wheatley directs Brie Larson, Armie Hammer, Cillian Murphy, Sharlto Copley and Jack Reynor in this pressure-cooker, '70s-set thriller about a botched gun deal that goes horribly, horribly wrong.
8. NOTES ON RAVE IN DUBLIN - Friday, February 24th, 18:30 at Lighthouse
This feature-length documentary follows the beginnings of the underground rave scene in Dublin from the very people who were at the centre of it all.
9. THE SECRET SCRIPTURE - Friday, February 24th, 19:30 at Savoy
Jim Sheridan directs and adapts the bestselling novel by Sebastian Barry, featuring an all-star cast that includes Rooney Mara, Vanessa Redgrave, Theo James and Tom Vaughn-Lawlor.
10. TO LIVE AND DIE IN L.A. - Monday, February 20th, 14:00 at Lighthouse
Arguably William Friedkin's greatest work outside of The Exorcist and The French Connection, this stylish crime thriller has been fully restored for 4K Cinema, all with Friedkin's personal supervision.
11. NERUDA - Thursday, February 23rd, 18:30 at Lighthouse
Directed by Pablo Larrian - who directed this year's Oscar favourite Jackie - Neruda follows the unconventional life and times of Chile's most famous poet, Pablo Neruda.
12. MINDHORN - Tuesday, February 21st, 20:40 at Lighthouse
Julian Barratt of The Mighty Boosh fame writes this outrageous comedy about a former television star who's brought to the Isle of Man to help with a criminal investigation of sorts.
13. HEADSHOT - Sunday, February 26th, 11:00 at Cineworld
Singaporean action star Iko Uwais leads the cast in this brutal, all-out action film about a reformed assassin who suffers from amnesia and is trying to piece together his former life.
14. HANDSOME DEVIL - Sunday, February 26th, 20:00 at Cineworld
John Butler directs this affecting drama about two teenagers who form a unique friendship in a prestigious school in Ireland, until their bond is tested by the authorities and those around them.
15. TOMATO RED - Saturday, February 25th, 20:45 at Lighthouse
Based on the novel by Daniel Woodrell, it follows the the story of small town drifter and street philosopher Sammy Barlach on the search for his next cold beer and the bunch that'll have him.
16. HOUNDS OF LOVE - Sunday, February 26th, 14:00 at Cineworld
This deeply disturbing chiller follows a young woman who is randomly abducted from a suburban street by a disturbed couple. As she observes the dynamic between her captors she quickly realises she must drive a wedge between them if she is to survive.
17. HEMA HEMA: SING A SONG WHILE I WAIT - Saturday, February 18th, 16:00 at Lighthouse
A group of people don masks and come together in the woods for fifteen days of liberating and transgressive anonymity in this Buddhist-themed, intriguing Bhutanese drama.