With The Rock truly crossing over into super stardom and leaving his wrestling roots behind, we felt we had to go back and examine the many attempts by pro wrestlers to make the leap into television.
After all, you'd imagine there's some sort of overlap between pro wrestling and acting, right? Whatever the reasons, some of these are just fantastic / bizarre.
11. BRET HART BOUGHT MR. BURNS' HOUSE IN THE SIMPSONS
WHY WOULD I WANT A PICTURE OF A PITIFUL, PENCIL-NECKED GEEK?!
10. THAT TIME RAZOR RAMON TURNED UP ON JERRY SPRINGER
And in full ring gear too. You've got a 6'2 Cuban-sounding guy in skivvies sitting next to two young kids in front of a televised audience. The '90s was a strange, strange time.
9. KEN SHAMROCK WAS THE ONLY MAN TO STARE DOWN RED FOREMAN FROM THAT '70S SHOW
In fairness, if anyone could take down Red Foreman, it was going to be Ken Shamrock. It must be all that time he spent in the quote-unquote Zone.
8. STEVE AUSTIN TURNED UP IN NASH BRIDGES AND WRESTLED A WOMAN
He got help from Don Johnson and Cheech Marin. And, y'know, this entire scene was basically softcore porn. And what a name, eh? DETECTIVE JAKE CAGE.
7. STING SCORPION DEATH-DROPPED CHUCK NORRIS / WALKER, TEXAS RANGER
We'd like to think that Vince Gilligan got the idea for Breaking Bad watching this episode of Walker, Texas Ranger. A gang of bikers try to break into the crystal meth gang. And who's the gang led by? Sting. Well, y'know, without the makeup and the whole Crow look he went through.
6. MICK FOLEY / MANKIND DATED JENNA MARONEY ON 30 ROCK
Jenna and Dude Love would have made a better couple, we think.
5. CHYNA WANTED TO GET IT ON WITH HARRY SOLOMON FROM THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN
Didn't she used to date X-Pac? She's clearly got something for, y'know, whippets. Or something.
4. SUPER SHREDDER FROM TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2: THE SECRET OF THE OOZE WAS ACTUALLY KEVIN NASH
Yes, he may be starring in Magic Mike XXL, but Nash made his first on-screen appearance in cinematic masterpiece Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze.
3. RODDY PIPER SHOULD HAVE GOT AN OSCAR FOR THEY LIVE
There's gotta be a headstone somewhere that has 'I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum' on it. And if there isn't, we've got dibs.
2. ANDRE THE GIANT ALSO SHOULD HAVE WON AN OSCAR FOR THE PRINCESS BRIDE
Do you want a peanut?
1. THAT EPISODE OF BAYWATCH WITH HULK HOGAN, RANDY SAVAGE, VADER AND RIC FLAIR TURNED UP AND TRIED TO BUY A GYM ON MUSCLE BEACH
And it was Breaking Bad Season 5 levels of amazingness. WOOOO