MCD "satisfied" with Swedish House Mafia security
Concert promoter MCD has said it was "100 per cent satisfied" with the security arrangements at last weekend's Swedish House Mafia concert in Phoenix Park, which was marred by violence and a variety of public order offenses.
MCD chief executive Denis Desmond said that 511 security personnel and 125 gardai were working at the venue, 50 per cent more staff than was required by the terms of the license.
Minister for Justice Alan Shatter spoke of the "widespread public concern" about Saturday's events and requested that the Garda Commissioner provide a report to better understand how such a breakdown in civility occurred.
135,000 people attended all three Phoenix Park concerts last week. 58 arrests were made in total, leading to more than 100 charges to go before the courts. It is expected that further charges will be made in the coming days and weeks.
A Garda spokesperson added: "Further meetings will be held in the context of lessons learned and orientation for future concerts of this nature. The Garda Commissioner will be preparing a report for the Minister for Justice".
Desmond confirmed that next month's David Guetta concert in Marlay Park will go ahead as planned, adding that you "cannot be held to ransom by thugs."
Review by John Balfe | 12:13 | Wednesday 11th July 2012 | Music News
No comments have been posted for this article yet. Be the first!
Log in to leave a comment
The opinions expressed here are those of the viewer and do not reflect those of Entertainment.ie. Entertainment.ie accepts no responsibility, legal or otherwise, for their accuracy of content. Please contact us to report abusive content