Edinburgh 2012: Top 10 Funnies
Edinburgh Top 10 Funnies
The results are in and we can now reveal the top ten funniest one liners from this year's Edinburgh Fringe festival, as decided by the TV channel Dave. Fair play to Canadian comedian Stewart Francis for not only scooping the top prize with his deadpan take on Posh and Becks, but for appearing twice in the same list; not too shabby. Also appearing twice is Tim Vine. Without further ado, here are the funniest things said at Edinburgh 2012:
1. Stewart Francis – “You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks."
2. Tim Vine – “Last night me and my girlfriend watched three DVDs back to back. Luckily I was the one facing the telly. ”
3. Will Marsh – “I was raised as an only child, which really annoyed my sister.”
4. Rob Beckett – “You know you’re working class when your TV is bigger than your book case.”
5. Chris Turner – “I’m good friends with 25 letters of the alphabet … I don’t know why.”
6. Tim Vine – “I took part in the sun tanning Olympics – I just got Bronze.”
7. George Ryegold – “Pornography is often frowned upon, but that’s only because I’m concentrating.
8. Stewart Francis – “I saw a documentary on how ships are kept together. Riveting!”
9. Lou Sanders – “I waited an hour for my starter so I complained: ‘It’s not rocket salad.”
10. Nish Kumar – “My mum’s so pessimistic, that if there was an Olympics for pessimism … she wouldn’t fancy her chances.”
Story by EI Team | 09:00 | Tuesday 21st August 2012 | Comedy
No comments have been posted for this article yet. Be the first!
Log in to leave a comment
The opinions expressed here are those of the viewer and do not reflect those of Entertainment.ie. Entertainment.ie accepts no responsibility, legal or otherwise, for their accuracy of content. Please contact us to report abusive content