Michael Haneke A Big Winner At Cannes
Controversial helmer Michael Haneke's latest movie, Amour, won the Austrian director his second top prize from The Cannes Film Festival in just three years. Full list of all the winners from the festival below.
1. Palme d'Or (Best Film) - 'Love'/Amour (Austria) by Michael Haneke
2. Grand Prix (Runner-up) - 'Reality' (Italy) by Matteo Garrone
3. Jury Prize (Third Prize) - 'The Angels' Share' (Britain) by Ken Loach
4. Camera d'Or (Debut Film) - 'Beasts of the Southern Wild' (U.S.) by Benh Zeitlin
5. Best Director - Carlos Reygadas for 'Post Tenebras Lux' (Mexico)
6. Best Screenplay - 'Beyond the Hills' (Romania) by Cristian Mungiu
7. Best Actress - Cosmina Stratan and Cristina Flutur in 'Beyond the Hills'
8. Best Actor - Mads Mikkelsen in 'The Hunt'
Cannes was also notable this year for footage from highly anticipated new flicks being shown. Harvey Weinstein unveiling footage from Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, amongst others. One of the big winners of the festival, although not with awards, was The Paperboy. Lee Daniels star rammed follow up to Precious. It stars Zac Efron, Matthew McConaughey, Nicole Kidman and John Cusack.
Story by Mike Sheridan | 14:29 | Monday 28th May 2012 | Movie News
No comments have been posted for this article yet. Be the first!
Log in to leave a comment
The opinions expressed here are those of the viewer and do not reflect those of Entertainment.ie. Entertainment.ie accepts no responsibility, legal or otherwise, for their accuracy of content. Please contact us to report abusive content