Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony won't fight over kids
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony will not have a custody battle over their twins.
The couple split last July after seven years of marriage but they are keen to make the divorce as amicable as possible for the sake of four-year-old twins Max and Emme, as their welfare and happiness is the most important thing to them.
Jennifer's lawyer Ron Anteau told People: ''The parties are working together to reach a friendly resolution that's in the best interest of their children.''
Sources also say Marc doesn't want any financial support from Jennifer, who is now dating dancer Casper Smart.
One insider said: ''He's not seeking financial support from her in this divorce. This is about trying to figure out how best for two very busy parents to share their children.''
Earlier this month, Marc filed for divorce from Jennifer, citing ''irreconcilable differences'' as the reason for the split.
Since parting ways, the pair have remained friends and continue to work together on reality show 'Q'Viva! The Chosen'.
However, 'American Idol' judge Jennifer has admitted the break-up has been a painful process.
She said: ''Without going into detail ... it's just really, really sad.
''And look, we are still going through it, and it's emotional sometimes and difficult. We're still friends - and we're parents. But it's going to take time. It's tough.
''But for the most part, I feel very proud of the way we're handling it. I really do. We are doing the best we can for the kids.''
Story by entertainment.ie | 01:00 | Thursday 26th April 2012 | Showbiz Bites
No comments have been posted for this article yet. Be the first!
Log in to leave a comment
The opinions expressed here are those of the viewer and do not reflect those of Entertainment.ie. Entertainment.ie accepts no responsibility, legal or otherwise, for their accuracy of content. Please contact us to report abusive content