Jon Bon Jovi 'shocked' by daughter's overdose
Well, one would be, particularly when it turns out to be heroin.
Stephanie Bongiovi, 19, was rushed to hospital after being found unresponsive in her dorm room at Hamilton College in Kirkland, New York last month and the rocker admitted he was devastated at the teenager's "sudden and steep decline" when drugs including heroin and marijuana were reportedly found in her room.
He said: "I didn't have any sisters. We bring home this girl the first day. Now what? Where's the manual? There was no manual. So you bring her up the best you can, you surround her with hugs and kisses and know that she may eventually fall down... I'm shocked as much as the next parent with this situation and had no idea. But then you surround them with best help and love and move on, and that's where we're at with it. Steph is a great kid... Cool school, Hamilton College up in Clinton, New York. Everything about it is idyllic. She was doing great. Then a sudden and steep decline."
While Jon and his wife Dorothea believe Stephanie will be fine, to say the 50-year-old musician has been left jarred is something of an understatement: "Hopefully, we caught it when we did and that's the end of it. But who knew? I've got three more (children) to come (grow up)."
Words sure to clang about many a parents' head.
Story by Sheena McGinley | 09:41 | Tuesday 4th December 2012 | Gossip
No comments have been posted for this article yet. Be the first!
Log in to leave a comment
The opinions expressed here are those of the viewer and do not reflect those of Entertainment.ie. Entertainment.ie accepts no responsibility, legal or otherwise, for their accuracy of content. Please contact us to report abusive content