In a modern society where exasperating ringtone adverts are the norm when you switch on the telly for Corrie, and teenagers take great pleasure in aurally assaulting bus patrons with their tinny renditions of purposeless r 'n' b dross via their phones, it makes complete sense that a group like Cascada have been successful. The German Eurodance trio hit paydirt with Goddawful trance-lite hit 'Everytime We Touch', and this, Perfect Day, is their second offering, released just in time to be a stocking-filler for skangers everywhere this Christmas. Singer Natalie Horler may as well be a computer-generated voice program; her voice is so devoid of range, emotion and variation that Stephen Hawking himself would be a more charismatic frontman. Still, the blame can't fall completely at her feet, as the soundtracks to 90% of the tracks here are shockingly awful cheesy trance songs that simply have to be simple modifications to the same atrocious prototype. The other 10% are obscenely bad covers of pop songs - Avril Lavigne's Sk8r Boi and Pink's Just Like A Pill, among them - and they've even had the nerve to trance-ify Patti Smith's Because the Night. Is nothing sacred anymore? If you buy this album, you don't deserve to be entrusted with money. If you listen to this sort of music and actively like it, you don't deserve to have ears.
Review by Lauren Murphy | 09:00 | Wednesday 19th December 2007 | Album Review
The opinions expressed in the comments section are those of the viewer and do not reflect those of Entertainment.ie. Entertainment.ie accepts no responsibility, legal or otherwise, for the accuracy of viewer comments. Please contact us to report abusive comments